Right this isn’t a review and the contents could and probably will change over time. However, many of us need proxies for all different reasons yet the choice is often bewildering! For me a good or a bad proxy service makes a huge difference to my online income.
Basically I want fast proxies that keep me safe and won’t get my accounts banned. They let me take care of business.
So instead of listing a huge number of different companies and giving them all ratings ranging from 9.7 to 9.9, then this page simply lists three that I currently use (it may change). I’ll also try andf include the reasons I am using them, so it should be a pretty good starting point to find the best place to buy private proxies. So if you’ve reluctantly discovered that there are no free private proxies available which work anymore, and are looking for a decent company to purchase from then these three are a good place to start. I do my research very carefully and these are the best private proxies I’ve found in 2019.
Also please feel free to pitch in on the comments, I will endeavor to find them in the sea of spam that this site gets and try and publish them, both good and bad.
So what’s the Best Place to Buy Private Proxies That Work ?
One of the problems with these proxy services is that surprisingly the cost of entry to this sector is rather low. With a nice WordPress Theme and some cheap hosting you can actually set up yourself up as a proxy provider pretty easily. What’s more there’s a thriving market in reselling paid proxies so many companies simply buy and resell – adding little in value but adding to the price.
Unfortunately behind some of the slick, impressive proxy websites are people who haven’t a clue what they’re doing! In fact I’ve always been rather wary of both VPN and proxy companies who have websites that look too good – it’s often the best part of the company. The issue is that these services will lack the infrastructure, knowledge, skill, resources and expertise to operate a fast, secure and anonymous proxy service.
Once you start using these services it’s normally quite simple to see the difference between the different types of proxy companies – the good and bad ones will be quite obvious at that point. However the cost might involve more than an initial subscription, it could also cost you that Instagram account with 400,000 followers too. Whenever you use a new proxy service for the first time, try a limited test first and also use less important accounts. Also ask questions and advice, the responses both speed and content should give you a good idea about the company and their professionalism and whether you should buy rotating proxies from them.
Sounds obvious? It is but too many people end up losing important accounts whilst testing some super cheap proxy service with a super flash website.
So without further waffle here’s my three current proxy providers and why I am using them.
It might sound funny but one of the first things I liked about Storm Proxies is that they refunded my money quickly. In truth the error was my fault – I ordered a package of dedicated private proxies without realizing these were all assigned datacenter IP addresses. As I needed residential IP addresses then these simply wouldn’t work, to be fair I got a refund quickly and without issue. This does highlight another aspect of the best proxy companies, they usually know the various platforms and which proxies work best better than you – ask them their advice.
Here’s why I have been a long time subscriber to Storm Proxies
- Support – responsive and knowledgeable, these guys have been in business a long time and know their stuff. Their business model is based on reputation and long term relationships.
- Hardware – Storm Proxies own all their own hardware. That is the actually physical servers and workstations which your traffic is routed through. It’s actually extremely rare as most companies rent or lease the computers their proxies run on. It crucially means that they can control, configure and support their servers properly and directly. This makes a huge different to privacy, anonymity and usually speed too.
- Range of Proxies – they’re a big company and run their own Gigabit network which they control and optimize. Currently running at around 70,000 IPs which is a huge number in this industry. Most types covered but certainly a great place to buy residential proxy services.
- No Bandwidth Limits – this isn’t always a good thing because if you get some kid downloading 2GB porn files 24/7 on a proxy on your network segment then this is going to hit the speed. However as mentioned Storm control and run their network and hardware directly, so have complete control over network optimization. The speed doesn’t seem to be affected and having unlimited bandwidth keeps the cost down especially if you need to upload and download large images or videos – which I generally do.
- Good Reputation – they’ve been going for years and much of their customers come from direct recommendation, it’s a model that works for them and relies on a good, responsive service
A new entrant to this page, as I’ve just started using them and I’ve decided to switch from another supplier. So as promised I’ve updated this page to only include my current suppliers and relegated one I’ve stopped using. They’re still recommended though and depending on you requirements, might be better than my three current favorites – anyway so long Luminati for now.
The new company I’m using, focus on supplying primarily US and EU based dedicated rotating proxies. They won’t really win any awards for their name but are certainly worth checking out. Rotating Proxies are their specialty and also their name, they were recommended to me by a sneakerhead that I had a few drinks with at a SEO meeting. Now one of the attractions of Luminati is that they have invested heavily in the infrastructure which connects you to their residential IP addresses. As such their pricing reflects this and they primarily target business customers lloking for elite private proxies. Also it’s becoming increasingly obvious to users that if speed is even remotely important to you then this business grade infrastructure is essential.
Rotating Proxies have taken this route and developed a business grade backconnect proxy network to allow access to their services. This means several things – speed, reliability and the ability to offer facilities like unmetered bandwidth and no throttling. They also take care to maintain anonymity by deleting logs and making sure that those HTTP headers are secure. the most noticeable features though are they’re fast and seem to work very well with my social networking accounts. Here’s a list of RotatingProxies features –
- No Bandwidth limits – important for some us who don’t want to get extra charges or restrictions when we use our proxies.
- Proxy Rotation – they’ve spent some time and money on developing this, the proxy rotation works seamlessly and is set to rotate every five minutes.
- IP Addresses – for many people these are the crucial factor, great infrastructure and speed is nothing without clean, diverse and reliable IP addresses. RotatingProxies have a huge diverse pool from a wide range of sources. They claim to curate these IP addresses (select carefully and protect) rather than just gather as many as possible and it seems to show in my results.
- No Bans or Blocks – now I haven’t tested in all areas only for my particular niches but these IP addresses seem top quality. There have been virtually no blocks or bans at all, and I’m happy to see that the address pools are refreshed regularly. The premium dedicated residential proxies are among the best quality I’ve encountered and for me have been as successful as using mobile proxies.
- Quality and Quantity – often you get one or the other with proxy providers. If you have the budget and the requirement the larger hyper-premium dedicated proxies are some of the best quality you can buy anywhere.
Like any other proxy company, it’s best to talk to them about your requirements and obviously the proxy price. They’re not suitable for everyone but do have a wide range of affordable plans to cover the majority of people’s requirements. What’s very obvious is that they take real care of their network and it’s a very safe place to buy backconnect proxies that will protect your accounts.
They do offer a trial but you won’t be able to use these as a source of free rotating proxies as there is a charge. It’s relatively small though and you do get to properly test out their all their networks and the IPv4 proxies properly. Currently the charges are as follows –
- 10 Proxies Trial for 48 hours – $4.99
- 50 Proxies Trial for 48 hours – $14.99
- 100 Proxies Trial for 48 hours – $28.40
This, I think is the best way to run a trial program. A small charge to keep out the spammers and chancers who will abuse and wreck the network, However a decent range of options and the chance to test out for a full 48 hours to see if the proxies work out for you. This in my experience is better than just getting a small free trial where you don’t get to check features of things like private rotating proxies properly.
This is a company I haven’t been using for long but I have to say my first impressions are great. Not only are their proxies very fast, but they seem stable and more importantly have worked very well with my various social media accounts. However the reason I have discovered them is that they recently launched a service that’s actually difficult to find – mobile proxies.
These are proxies which are configured with the IP addresses assigned for mobile gateways to allow your smart phones and mobile devices internet access. The crucial fact about these addresses are that they are highly trusted by virtually all platforms. What’s more they offer the highest level of anonymity and privacy simply due to the way the mobile IPs work.
Now there are some very dodgy mobile proxy providers around mainly because these addresses are so hard to get. Yet somehow the RSocks Project have managed to set up a decent mobile infrastructure with addresses from mainstream telecoms companies. So far these mobile proxies have been working great for me and they’ve been super reliable, I’m tempted to try the other proxies too.
- Mobile Proxies – it’s hard to find these and often they’re supplied by obscure and remote telecoms companies. RSocks project have got large companies in prime locations like Vodaphone in Germany and O2 in the UK. They seem very stable and you can run loads of social media accounts on one IP address.
- Support – I don’t use proxy companies who don’t provide decent support as it’s crucial with proxies as you often need help/guidance. RSocks seem to have this covered, my queries have been answered in minutes and by knowledgeable staff who cover 24/7.
- Wide Range of Proxies – if you’re serious about providing a decent proxy company then a large infrastructure is essential. It brings down the unit cost and allows investment in a resilient and fast network, what’s more you build up serious expertise and knowledge. RSocks currently claim to have a decent mix of datacentre and residential proxies, with 150,000 of the latter home based addresses available which are of course much harder to source.
- Flexible Use – although the company and proxies themselves are run very professionally, there’s little you aren’t to do with these proxies. Indeed the company was set up by some ex-spammers who needed anonymity themselves online. There are limits on bandwidth use for many packages and of course if you start trashing servers you’re going to get kicked off.
- Test Accounts – many providers are rightly hesitant to provide test access to their proxies. The problem is that spammers can do a lot of damage to your network and the integrity of the IP addresses in a very short time. RSocks I think have the balance right they allow an hour test access to the vast majority of their services. This give you a chance to test speed and accessibility before you buy while protecting them from abuse.
Buy Proxies in Bulk But Only What You Need
So there you are – the three proxy services that I am using at the moment. Are they the best/cheapest or most reliable? Well I don’t know but they all work for me and are definitely worth checking out. If you’re looking to buy private proxy services for a specific need, they’re a great starting point.
The mistake many people make in purchasing private proxies is to think that volume is the most important consideration. Now obviously you need enough to support your activities but quality is the crucial factor. Buying huge numbers of slow proxies with spammed, blacklisted IP addresses is going to cause more harm than good. You’re way better off reducing the number and increasing the quality. These companies will all support your efforts if you work with them, it makes sense for them to create successful partnerships. Too many of the places where you can buy proxies cheap simply take your money and run.
It’s often a difficult choice, you can find cheap residential proxies advertised on many sites but the vast majority are awful quality and often just running spammed datacentre IPs . Some providers are better for different platforms and locations, only you will know when you’ve found a company that works for you. Whichever provider you choose, before you buy proxies from anyone make sure you ask questions about which are best for your specific purpose. Also make sure you use any tests or trials that are available first to see if everything works ok for you.