Last Updated on September 28, 2023 by theadmin
How to Repost a Craigslist Ad in Different Cities
There are many online opportunities which rely on a single concept to make serious amounts of money – repetition. For example that one Instagram account might only make you $50 a month in revenue, but imagine if you run lots of these accounts. Multiply that by twenty accounts and suddenly the income starts looking more substantial. A little automation and repetition, can get you up to 50 accounts very easily and suddenly you’re starting to make real money. The same can happen on Craigslist, although you’ll soon get blocked if you try it which is why people use Craigslist proxies.
It’s a concept that works across a myriad of platforms and techniques, simply repeat a method or process that brings in a small income. Of course, it’s sometimes more work than just working on one platform or account. However there is the added benefit of some resilience, which is important if you’re pushing the boundaries slightly. Losing a multi million follower account on somewhere like Twitter, Instagram or YouTube can destroy a business overnight, but you can spread that risk. It’s not for everyone, but there’s no doubt that repeating a winning formula is a very popular way to success online.
Another very common example is to mass post on various advertising platforms, expanding the reach of your product or service is almost certainly going to produce more profits. This is especially the case when the adverts are inexpensive or even free like the Craigslist advertising boards. So if you’re service generates a specific return each time you place your free advert on Craigslist -then placing loads of adverts on different boards obviously multiplies that return. The problem is of course, that Craigslist limits you to a single advert places on a single board. Even if it’s wildly successful, then you can’t post it again. If you do try then your adverts will be ghosted (i.e. not appear) plus your account runs the risk of being flagged as spam which will affect all future attempts too.
So how do you leverage the enormous potential of sites like Craigslist and maximize your income? Well it generally involves creating multiple identities and operating them independently. The only common factor should be the bank account which all the profits end up in – that is yours! The most important and crucial step in virtually every scenario like this is to hide your IP address – a goal that requires using something like a Craigslist proxy.
How Can I Place a Craigslist Post in Multiple Craigslist Cities/Boards
First of all remember there are certain rules about posting to Craigslist, unfortunately one of them is posting one advert only to one city board. However although this is the one we need to break it’s important to stick to all the others in order to maximize our chances of success.
- Careful with the content in Your Ad – don’t make your advert look like spam. Don’t fill the description with urls or over the top punctuation marks. Filling your advert with hashes and exclamation marks may make your advert stand out but it will also trigger spam filters and detectors.
- Maintain a good history – the effectiveness of each Craigslist account will largely depend on how trustworthy it is. Keep your most valued accounts in good standing and don’t risk anything controversial or spam like.
- Keep multiple accounts separate – they should be used from different IP addresses and browsers if possible. Use multilogin techniques, incognito mode or automated software loaded with proxies.
- Keep things tidy – delete old adverts after they’ve been posted. Ensure your account is active and the website tidy by removing deleted addresses.
- Spread your postings – don’t bombard the site with multiple adverts at the same time. Your goal is to make each account look like a regular individual is posting simple adverts.
Craigslist Adverts – Content Pointers
- Don’t abuse and stuff keywords especially in automotive sections.
- Careful with special characters especially in titles e.g / & ( ) **** !!! etc.
- Fill in price field properly
- Fill in location field
- Don’t use hidden codes and correct your HTML if used
- Only use approved shipping, payment methods
- Various problematic terms such as ‘shipping’ or for prohibited items
- Avoid URL embedded images
- Avoid large images
- Avoid dodgy image hosting sites (e’g those with porn links)
- Only one clear email address
- Avoid shorthand – keep it clear
- Keep it simple e.g. don’t use long lists lists
Much of this is common sense however the crucial factor involved in keeping these accounts and adverts separate is to use proxy servers to hide your real IP address. If you don’t do this you will be effectively limiting yourself to a single advert per day in your actual location. Indeed if you’re outside your target geographic region then you’ll be unable to post anything.
Craigslist: Cities – Use Proxies to Post in Multiple Craigslist City Boards
In order to really leverage the power of Craigslist across multiple cities and even countries, then you need access to multiple IP addresses in different locations. In fact you’ll need to obtain IP addresses which are located in roughly the same location as your target board. So a US based IP address is unfortunately not enough, you’ll need a New York IP address for the New York Craiglist, one from LA for the Los Angeles board and so on.
Ideally you should ensure that each account is used in it’s ‘home location’ posting adverts on that specific board. There are automated programs which can take care of a lot of this for you although it’s perfectly possible to do it manually as well. However you must ensure that you have the ability to switch the IP addresses as well.
The final complication specific to Craigslist proxies is that you must also use ‘residential proxies’ that is proxy servers that have residential IP addresses. These are addresses which resolve to home internet connections, if you use standard proxy servers with commercial IP addresses they’re going to get flagged and blocked very quickly. Many users suggest that you can use commercial or datacenter proxies if you are very careful but it’s not something that I’ve had much success with. There are however many more datacenter proxy providers who can supply IP addresses whcih you can specify at a ‘city level’.
Create your Own Craigslist Posting Service Multiple Cities
So to summarize, ideally Proxies for Craigslist need –
- IP addresses registered as residential addresses.
- IP addresses located in the correct location to match the specific board.
- Static addresses or at least ‘sticky’ which last long enough to place advert
It does hugely reduce the possibilities unfortunately because most residential proxy providers aren’t able to supply IP addresses which match these criteria. The vast majority either are ‘rotating’ which means that they are likely to switch while you’re posting an advert or simply can’t be geo-located to this level. Indeed most proxy providers will supply IP addresses registered to a specific country but not to state or city.
If you want to test, it’s probably best to find a quality provider of datacenter proxies rather than relax some of the other criteria. However for the best results there are a couple of proxy providers who can provide proxy servers with all the criteria met.
Our recommendation is IPBurger who can supply static IP addresses with residential addresses from real users. Crucially they also allow ISP, country, state or city level targeting throughout the US and worldwide.
Perfect for posting adverts both manually and through automated software.